- Practice your reading accuracy and fluency and respond to your fluency passage using the provided sentence starters in your journal.
- Respond to daily journal prompt.
- Watch and discuss CNN 10.
- Read and analyze the short story, The Scholarship Jacket by Marta Salinas and answer critical thinking questions using textual evidence to support their answers through CommonLit.
- Respond to CPQs
- How do Marta’s feelings change over the course of the story? Cite evidence from at least 3 examples in the story.
- How does the principal's point of view towards Marta change throughout the story? Cite evidence from the story in your response.
- Respond to Discussion Questions on GoFormative.
- Continue reading class novel, Drums, Girls and Dangerous Pie.
Today, you will-