- You are going to be creating Arnold’s memory scrapbook using symbols to represent different aspects of the novel. You will receive a THINK SHEET that will help you brainstorm your ideas. You must turn in the completed THINK SHEET as a sort of “rough draft” with your scrapbook.
- Your scrapbook will consist of 7 symbols, including one for the title of the novel. You must have a cover page that includes a title for your project, the title of the novel (The Absolutely True Diary of a Part Time Indian), and your name, period, date and your teacher’s name. In addition, you will have 7 symbol pages. Your scrapbook will be completed using PowerPoint Online and will be submitted through the Assignment Dropbox on the class website.
- Each symbol page must contain 4 items:
- A title at the top (I put those in bold below to help you organize)
- A picture of the symbol you chose
- The name of the symbol you chose (i.e. teddy bear, coffee mug, etc.)
- A description of why you chose that symbol and how it represents the section. You must also answer any questions that are on the think sheet for the symbol and relate your description back to the text.
2nd & 3rd Block
- Read the fictional story, Follow the Water and the paired nonfiction article, What Would It Take to Live Here?
- Explore character, elements of plot, and figurative language by completing the Literary Elements assignment through Go Formative.
- Synthesis information from “Follow the Water” and “What Would It Take to Live Here?” by completing - Synthesis: All About Mars through Go Formative.